POKEY LaFARGE. If Jimmie Rodgers and Woody Pines had a baby.
Had a friend of a friend suggest this band to me on New Years Eve. Apparently they were playing a sold out NYE show with Old Crow Medicine Show at The Ryman. Man, I wish I could’ve gone to that one. After listening to them, its fair to say I am hooked. Essentially the same premise as Woody Pines, Old Crow and the like (but with more swing), yet more believable… if that makes sense. You play any song off any one of their albums and you would swear it was recorded in the prime of the roaring 20’s. They really sell it. Hailing from St. Louis their past two albums were produced by Jack White via Third Man Records and I hear they have another in the works. Keep these guys under your radar!
Click on the diagram for a sample track by the artist.
- auroristar likes this
- onapeculiarpathiride likes this
- brentopolus likes this
- sophisticatedhillbilly reblogged this from thevennreview
- sophisticatedhillbilly likes this
- petitemarci likes this
- southernplayalisticadillacmuzik reblogged this from thevennreview
- southcityblues likes this
- therealpapa likes this
- thehibernatives likes this
- thevennreview posted this